The Great Cloth Diaper Hunt 2012

A few years back I posted about the Great Cloth Diaper Hunt, an online scavenger hunt. Several small businesses, especially work-at-home-mom companies, sponsor the event by hiding a GCDH icon somewhere on their site. Thousands of hunters look for the hidden icons on the various sites, hoping to win the grand prize or even smaller daily prizes.

While the name of the hunt focuses on cloth diapering, many of the sponsors have other types of businesses. I’ve seen soap makers, knitters, jewelry designers, and more in the past.

Theda K. Communications, my writing company, is a sponsor this year! Please show your support by registering for the hunt, which starts May 1 and ends May 31, 2012. You can register anytime before it ends. Make sure you tell them that Theda K. Communications sent you (I might win free ad space if I refer lots of folks).

The hunt is really fun, and you learn a lot about cloth diapering and other small businesses. I remember fondly how much I learned while my daughter was still a baby (seems like a lifetime ago). I hope you register and enjoy the hunt! And if you have a small business, consider becoming a sponsor when the next hunt starts.

16 Responses to “The Great Cloth Diaper Hunt 2012”

1. Thank you for providing such great info. I’ve registered myself on the given link. :)

2. Allen says:

3. Jim Burnett says:

Have you ever tried the diapers that have inserts but are still cloth diapers? I might give those a try.

4. JackBonlko says:

This is a great idea. My business is just related to the tissues. I get registered on the hunt.

5. Nikki says:

Ack! I’ve never heard of this before. We have been CD since my 15 month old was born. It’s not as hard as we expected, it just becomes what you do. I have a few crunchy mommas who would love a scavenger hunt. Thanks!!

6. Scavenger hunts are great fun. I’m glad I found this site before it was too late. Going to register and get this going!

7. Kate says:

Nice to see you’re sponsoring them too!

8. I registered already. We used to use cloth diapers, definitely cheaper, and greener. The only concern I had was I have to wash it all the time. Hehe! =)

9. Liz says:

Sorry I missed this. Great idea for a scavenger hunt. Would be great for downtown local businesses.

10. I completed the cloth diaper hunt.. I was actually surprised I found every icon. Hoping I win a prize!

11. Zainil says:

Ohh I missed it… but this event reminds me of treasure hunt which we sued to play during the olden ages in the school! :-)

12. Any idea for a scavenger hunt works for me! I bet cloth diapers would even be considered “going green” these days!

13. This is a great idea! I bet a lot of the mommies that live in our community would love to try and win prizes as well as help the environment by using cloth diapers.

14. Ted Hall says:

We have been using cloth diapers with our last kid and they have been great! It’s hard to go back to disposables.

15. Grace Basse says:

Thanks for the info. I will surely register on the given link. I really want to learn how to make cloth diapers as iam expecting my first kid in the next two months. i really dont want my kid to suffer from diaper rashes. Thanks again for this piece of information.

16. Shane Watson says:

Nice to see you’re sponsoring them too!