Crayon Writer Facebook fan page

According to Facebook’s press room, Facebook is a superpower. Well, I’m paraphrasing, but that just about sums it up. Active users number over 500 million, the average user has 130 “friends,” more than 700 billion minutes are spent on Facebook (each month!), and users share more than 30 billion pieces of content with their friends. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

So it makes perfect sense for businesses, especially small businesses who have a tougher time reaching their markets, to get very involved with this online powerhouse. I started out with just a personal page. At first, I used it for keeping in touch with friends and family across the country (and the world). Later I expanded into connecting my blogs to my page, so my friends get instant updates whenever I post content on them.

Recently I took the plunge and started fan pages for this blog and my other blog, Marana Unwrapped.

What is the benefit of a fan page? There can be several, actually.

For one, you have a quicker way to interact with your fans. A blog post is usually a few paragraphs, and for me, it takes a bit of thought. Twitter is a useful mini-blogging platform, but there are so many tweets from others that your users have to read. I have a Twitter account, and I follow around 500 people, so I get multiple tweets in just a few minutes. There’s no way I can keep up unless I’m constantly looking at my Twitter stream.

But with a fan page, I can write shorter posts than on my blog, but longer than via Twitter. And unless your fan’s friends post constantly, your post will actually be noticed and read.

Exposure to new people is another benefit. When your fan first “like”s your page, it is announced to all of their friends on that user’s feed. You now have instant exposure to lots of new potential fans. And if your fan comments on your page or, even better, decides to share a post, you’ll get added exposure.

Facebook also has a built-in analytics feature, so you can find out how many impressions each post has received.

And your page doesn’t have to look just like everyone else’s. With Facebook Markup Language (fbml), you can personalize your page and make it stand out. If you’re so inclined. You can add applications and tabs, and even have new users land on the tab you want them to. Building lists can be done also, because you can request that users fill out contact forms when, say, joining a contest you’re running on your page.

The possibilities are almost endless. Harnessing the power of this social media giant is still in its infancy – Facebook has only been around since 2004.

Look to the sidebar on your right. You may have to scroll a bit. You’ll notice a nifty little rectangle right under the Donate box that mentions my Facebook fan page. Just click “like.” Or, if you’d prefer, head over to the Crayon Writer Facebook fan page directly. I haven’t done much with it yet, but like I said, the possibilities are endless (almost).

Do you have a Facebook fan page? How has it worked for your business or blog?

17 Responses to “Crayon Writer Facebook fan page”

1. I love the facebook FBML. I actually used mine to generate leads for my own site. Its quite simple after you know some basic html.

jeremy

Jeremy’s Elevation Group Review´s last blog post ..401k Is Down and Falling Learn How to Prevent It From Effecting You

2. I agree with you that the possibilities are endless

3. I actually have not yet set up my fan page on facebook but with the insights you have given, i have to prioritize doing this soonest.
    Thanks.

4. Eren Mckay says:

I just liked your Facebook fan page :) I’ve been meaning to start a fan page for my Embracing Home blog for quite some time now but have been procrastinating on it. I believe the reason is because I hear so many people frustrated with trying to customize it and all. Of course that shouldn’t stop me. It’s definitely on my to do list.
    All the best,
    Eren
    Eren Mckay´s last blog post ..Quotes for weight loss motivation

5. Great information about Facebook facilities. Facebook FBML facility is very convenient for those who knows the basic HTML and they can create their own customize page easily.

6. GakGaptek says:

I think fan pages is a great feature of Facebook. I use this to stay in touch with my blog visitors.I simply add my blogs feed to fan pages and my blog update appear on it. Thanks
    GakGaptek´s last blog post ..Cara Membuat Link Nama Teman di Status Facebook

7. great info… Facebook fan page is good facility to promote business. We can also add our twitter or youtube tab into facebook fan page.

8. I have used Facebook FBML. It is really very easy to create. Facebook provides easy instruction for how to create FBML page. We can also access our twitter, youtube and blog in our facebook page.

9. I wouldn’t say the possibilities are endless, but they certainly are better than the possibilities available to you without the Mark-up code.

My favorite template code that I’ve found so far allows you to create a video gallery tab. If you want to cross promote your youtube page with your facebook the tab is essential! You can find the code for it by Googling “5 must-have FBML templates”
    FinallyFast.com´s last blog post ..Malware and How to Protect your PC

10. Hi there,

I guess it’s good to be optimistic! There a lot of factors that can determine whether you’re successful with Facebook though. For instance: whether your customers are even interested in becoming a Fan. If you’re dealing in higher-end services for instance it’s not really compatible with the casual tone of Facebook. But it is good to be optimistic!

Thanks!

Pete @ Pure FX
    Currency Broker Pete´s last blog post ..US Dollar Falls Following Latest FOMC Report

11. Anyone who hasn’t set up a Facebook page is missing a trick. Over 1 million businesses have a Facebook page in the UK, it’s a channel that is a must-have now for any form of marketing, engagement with customers and brand visibility. And it’s all about the integration and using the social media channels for everything you have communicating about your business,thoughts and causes.

12. vet in KC says:

Yes, more and more are recommending a facebook fan page, it is a good idea and hope to make it reality.

13. I agree with the view that a facebook fan page can be helpful for promoting any business as it allows us to get connected.It can be use as internet marketing option.Nice post indeed.

14. Sudarto says:

I am happy to read your article. I actually have joined Facebook for two years. But I have not maximize it yet. After reading your article, I want to maximize it. Thank you.

15. Weight loss says:

I have a FB page and It is indeed the way forward, Im just not very good at promoting it :(

16. The Dondroid says:

Facebook is ‘the’ trend now. It has almost mandatory for every business to have a facebook page. The simple reason being perhaps keeping your facebook page updated is easier than keeping your website updated and its free. I have seen so many businesses which do not have a website, but have a constantly updated facebook page.

17. I think it’s a good avenue to make use of mainly because it’s been able to rise up the ranks and build credibility. However, I think it’s become a little too saturated now.