Happy 2010!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I hope you had a productive 2009, and of course I hope this year goes even better for you.

I’m not one to make resolutions just because there’s a new year, but it makes sense to mark the beginning of something (day, week, hour, minute) with some sort of goal or plan. My personal goal is to work harder on doing what I need to be doing. Making myself “go” has got to be one of the toughest things.

What general plans do you have for this beginning? Do share!

27 Responses to “Happy 2010!”

1. This is the method that Benjamin Franklin followed as a young man.

He chose a virtue to practice at the beginning of each week, and he took special attention to practice that virtue no matter what that particular week.

Judging by what the history books tell us, old Ben never did practice them all together. Just one at a time until the end.
    .-= Beth Charette´s last blog ..New Article: Elf Sightings: Tales from Ancient Lands =-.

2. jonathan says:

Happy new year.
    I plan to spend a bit more time on myself and a bit less at work.

3. Tracey says:

Hi,

I have a few resolutions. I plan on working out at least 3 times a week, I plan on writing at least 1 page a week for my website, and finishing one major script for the year.

I think it’s important to have resolutions so you can always grow each year.
    .-= Tracey´s last blog ..An Interview with Brenda Novak =-.

4. Spot says:

Happy new year — and new decade.

I’m not sure whether it is more helpful to make specific plans or general ones but this year I decided to go for the later approach: travel more, socialize more, try experiences I never have before.
    .-= Spot´s last blog ..Best Spot Cool Stuff Tech & Gadget Posts 2009 =-.

5. I plan to loose weight, to grow my internet business and be a productive mother.

6. Rachel says:

General plans are interesting resolutions to make. A few of mine are: eat healthier, exercise more, increase my income & work harder at my University courses. My resolutions last year were too detailed, restrictive and specific – I didn’t keep them. I’ll try a different approach this year.
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Does my product need a barcode for Amazon? =-.

7. Shane says:

I have a lot of goals this year. The first is to double my online freelance writing income, a second is to lose 75 lbs, and a third is to get my online business to full time status so I won’t have to depend on others for income any more. So far, 2010 is looking like a good year.
    .-= Shane´s last blog ..French Writing Desks =-.

8. CFD Trade says:

I plan to be more cheerful in 2010. And I do this by getting up in the morning, smiling at myself in the mirror three times. It is working!

9. CFD Trade says:

By the way, because of the exercise, it seemed easier to smile at others, even strangers.

10. I have decided to blog regularly and learn a foreign language. Get more friends to my blogosphere.
    .-= Study Abroad!´s last blog ..Studying in New Zealand =-.

11. My resolutions are: working out harder than ever, reading at least a book a week, going out with my family at least twice a month.

12. I know what you mean by “go”. My goals are to juggle better between work, keeping up with my blog, and still be #1 on my mo duties! Happy new Year and good luck!

13. I don’t usually make new year’s resolutions either, but just through reflection and introspection I do come across things I’d like to improve. So starting this year I intend to work more diligently and efficiently in order to get more of my goals accomplished.
    .-= Toronto Movers´s last blog ..Mississauga Movers =-.

14. I’m hoping to make sure to keep blogging throughout in 2010, and not give up!
    .-= Lady Gaga fan´s last blog ..Lady Gaga – Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) – music video =-.

15. Kids Chairs says:

I plan to be more organized and productive in my daily tasks by keeping a day to day to do list that is practical and achievable while still realizing that I am only human.

16. Happy New Year to you also. I have already failed all my New Year Resolutions. I will wait till next year
    .-= Mike in Dallas´s last blog ..What is a Short Sale and am I a Candidate =-.

17. vianda says:

my plan for every day
    achieve my goal $100/ day
    through ebay and my blog

i spend 10hours/day for that
    .-= vianda´s last blog ..This week’s hairstyling tips. =-.

18. I plan on working out at least 3 times a week, I plan on writing at least 1 page a week for my website, and finishing one major script for the year.
    .-= Carson Rose and Associates´s last blog ..Services =-.

19. AmyS says:

I think that’s a really good idea to set yourself goals at the start of the week or month etc. Mine is to save money for a new car – its not going too badly so far…

20. Thanks a lot for the new years wishes, it would be nice to see your blog updated more!

Thanks
    .-= king size bed sheets´s last blog ..Buy a King Size Bed Sheet =-.

21. Mariam says:

It is a good thing to make resolutions for the new year,
    my resolution for 2010 is to enjoy life,reach office on time,make alot of money from my ecommerce businness and spend some time with my friends and family.

22. Great thought! I must say I don’t do any resolutions, but I also set goals. I want to spend more time on my blog and improve in my work. I also want to spend more time with my familiy, which I think is very important!

23. PDQ says:

I think it is important to always have goals set, no matter what time of year!

24. Lisa says:

Almost the end of February and I am still procrastinating…got to stay more motivated to writing more and reading less.

I do have to say I have accomplished more than expected, but still not up to my own standards.
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Who Says You Can’t Have a Day Off? =-.

25. Beth says:

Well, here it is almost March, but I’m doing good on my resolutions. I vowed to get up at 5am (check) and workout 3 times a week (um, not so much) and then write for an hour (check). And eat out less (check) and eat healthier (um semi-check).

26. One of my new year’s resolutions was to learn German… let’s just say that the outcomes has been… ummm… interesting? haha

27. Writing new articlels every week is hard but always worth trying.