A little bird told me…

coloured chick

I started Tweeting almost one year ago. And boy, has it been an interesting journey! Twitter is a fascinating tool, and I’ve met cool people and learned new things. One of the things I love most about it is connecting with people in my local area. It’s also great for marketing your blog and, by default, your business.

There’s a lot of power to harness with Twitter, so if you haven’t yet given it a try, you’ve simply got to start! Here’s what you do. After you sign up, start following a few interesting people you know (like me), and take a look at who they’re following. Follow a few of them, and also start looking at some local people (like a local radio or news station). You’ll start getting followers as you start following. And be sure you actually Tweet too.

For more ideas, check out my first post on the subject of Twitter.

If you’re not already following me on Twitter, go ahead and do so. There’s a link to my CrayonWriter account under my picture.

Do you use Twitter a lot? How do you use it?

30 Responses to “A little bird told me…”

1. clarks says:

It’s nice to meat u here and now I follow you on twitter. Twitter is a good way of blogging or we can say microbloging to increase business

2. steve says:

I hadn’t heard about the sponsored tweets thing, pretty cool =)
    thanks for sharing

3. Twitter can be used in so many ways, that in my opinion it is important to first get your feet wet and then develop a strategy.

For example, I use it to network with other people in my industry. As I encounter people who have similar interests, I reach out to them and essentially build a business network. There are others that use it to generate direct sales and even more that use it as a social tool. Regardless, it can be useful when using it in conjunction with a plan.

4. Tess says:

I will follow you on twitter. My id: travelparadise
    .-= Tess´s last blog ..Hotels Combined =-.

5. I’ve been using twitter for quite a while now, by far the best way to go is try to tweet to same industry, as having just any old tweeter following you can be rather pointless. It can take quite a while to develop a following this way, however it is well worth the effort.

6. How I use twitter? I’m basically just a follower and use it to gain insight and when there’s a topic that’s interesting to me I’ll do a search. The # of ppl out there tweeting about stuff I’m interested in is insane.

7. Eren Mckay says:

I also love Twitter. Especially for the ability of making friends so easily and quickly.
    I’ve also discovered things that I didn’t even know existed through Twitter. It truly is awesome.
    .-= Eren Mckay´s last blog ..Make new friends on the internet =-.

8. To answer your questions:
    1. I use twitter about 30 min in the morning and 10 at night.
    2. I use it as a voice box for my website. I get the word out about events and blog updates.

9. I have not used Twitter yet and am still trying to figure out why it is so beneficial.

10. Ashok says:

No doubt, Twitter is very useful. Now, just 2 days back, Twitter has formally started support for geo-location, i.e., location from where one is tweeting will automatically appear with the tweet if one opts for that. This will allow people to search local content more easily.
    .-= Ashok´s last blog ..Windows Screen Saver password and how to disable or enable it =-.

11. One of the biggest benefits of twitter is customer support. One company’s actual telephone support line did an awful job of helping me with a problem. When I complained to the company’s twitter account, my complaint was taken care of in no time.

12. Charles says:

I wonder what kind of traffic those sponsored tweets would generate. Any numbers?
    .-= Charles´s last blog ..First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit Extended =-.

13. I am not using twitter yet. But I have to ge started because everybody is “twittering” around me
    .-= parier ligue des champions ´s last blog ..Valenciennes brise l’invincibilité bordelaise à domicile =-.

14. Electric ego says:

I agree, twitter is a great tool still to be tapped to full potential. Like the concept of tweeting for money for companies.
    .-= Electric ego´s last blog ..How to stay Beautiful, Healthy and Physically Fit =-.

15. len says:

ive never used twitter either, fail to see what the fuss is yet maybe ime just behind the times i shall have to have a look at some point in the future when i have a spare minute.
    .-= len´s last blog ..puppy playpen updated Sat Nov 28 2009 3:10 pm CST =-.

16. CFD Trade says:

I use twitter to bookmark my favorites and to update my friends about what I am doing. I love to design Twitter background. Until now, I could not just get it right.

17. Sponsored tweets? Great strategy for companies. I would like to try this one!
    .-= Jack Courtney´s last blog ..Capstar Review =-.

18. Dean Saliba says:

Been using Twitter for about six monnths.

I have found out about small music and comedy gigs that I would have missed out on.

Plus I earn a modest amount of money through it which is cool. :)
    .-= Dean Saliba´s last blog ..November 2009 Blog Income Report =-.

19. How you can make money with twitter?
    .-= Endometriosis´s last blog ..Endometriosis and infertility =-.

20. tommy says:

No doubt, Twitter is very useful. i will try sponsored tweets.
    .-= tommy´s last blog ..how to set up your home business =-.

21. ATV Shineray says:

I’m using twitter only for get some more visitors to my sites.

22. Beth says:

Totally love the Twitter! I’m mostly happy that I don’t have to explain it now. Two years ago, my family thought I was nuts!
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..Futon Covers =-.

23. business crm says:

I heard much more about Twitter and even made an account on that but still I can’t understand what it benefits for the people.

24. Zubair Khan says:

i do not use twitter but i think i have to use it any ways nice interesting post i am new to this site just joined it and liked it a lot and hoping that i will carry on with this site in the future as well cheers!!!
    .-= Zubair Khan´s last blog ..Infernal Hell’s Vengeance Sees the Light of Day in the Land of the Rising Sun =-.

25. I for one an kinda waiting for twitter to implode in a pile of self-important rubble. For bloggers it’s cool because you actually have readers and fans interested in following you… but much like the blogosphere, I fear twitter is 99% people with nothing to say.

And for the record, I follow you :)
    .-= Medical Billing Courses´s last blog ..Medical Billing Salaries =-.

26. Tracey says:

Thanks for sharing, I haven’t known about the sponsor tweets too, I’ll have to look into that.
    .-= Tracey´s last blog ..An Interview with Brenda Novak =-.

27. Gabby says:

.-= Gabby´s last blog ..Will Floyd Mayweather vs Shane Mosley Silence the Critics? =-.

28. i don’t use twitter but i like this photo with pink chicken.
    .-= ride on mowers´s last blog ..Ride on mowers: the fun way! =-.

29. I’d rather be on facebook than twitter. Facebook is a bit more personal and useful in my opinion.

30. unibet says:

i’m not on twitter but the sponsored tweets might be worth looking into
    unibet´s last blog post ..Parions Sport Match du Jour Bohemians Shamrock