Blogging often and well requires a bit of blogging inspiration. But is it wise to wait until that next “big idea” hits you? This has been my problem lately, so that even when I have time to blog, I just can’t think of what to write.
But there is help for blogger’s block! Here are 6 ways to getting something written on the page (in no particular order).
1. Open the posting page, or whatever program you use to write your blog.
2. Start writing something. Anything!
3. Look at some old posts from your stash of feeds (you do subscribe to others’ blogs, right?)
4. Go to your Twitter or Facebook pages and read what your followers/friends talked about recently.
5. Read your own past posts. You can recycle old posts, perhaps putting a new spin on them, or even re-analyzing what you thought in the past.
6. Open your favorite stock photo source and glance at a few pics. Sometimes a pic will give you an idea about what to write.
7. Now that you’ve written something, go back and check it over for errors. And make sure it actually makes sense.
And that’s it! Don’t spend too much time researching, thinking, or agonizing over what to write. That’s why it’s important to at least get that writing window open.
How do you find inspiration to write new blog posts?