The speed of life

Working toward being a self-sustaining business owner is definitely not for the faint of heart. My journey recently included starting to substitute teach again. The goal? To make some steady money while not forgetting I really want to solely be an entrepreneur.

So far, it’s been pretty rocky. My last part-time gig was as a call center representative, and my poor throat has never been the same. Working with a classroom full of kids has made my throat injuries flare up again, so this gig may be short-lived. High school kids are easier (I just shut up and let them work), but the jobs aren’t steady yet (still early in the Arizona school year, though).

Though my 3-year-old likes her preschool, we miss being together, so we taken a few field trips during the week anyway.

It’s tough. Sometimes it’s difficult to keep up, so remember that it’s the journey that counts…not the destination. Life is a highway.

13 Responses to “The speed of life”

You’re not doing so bad. There’s a bit of a learning curve here, considering the kind of business you’re in. I’m sure you’ll do just fine. BTW, why don’t you try to get a gig at your daughter’s preschool? Or at another preschool, and then shift your daughter there. Or open your own preschool. 🙂

2. Bagsmerchant says:

It’s the journey that counts…not the destination.You made a pretty great idea here. If life is a highway, then don’t forget to appreciate the landscape throughout a journey.

3. Kim Potter says:

Knowing what to do in life is sometime hard. My son is in pre-school to and I’ve had to learn to let go alittle I always want to check on him and I could be making my life more produtive. Thanks for sharing It make’s me feel better knowing there’s people out there like me.

Kim Potter’s last blog post..Military Monkeys

4. Bruce says:

I must agree, maybe it’s beater for you to try in your daughters preschool, you’ll be more whit her, and little kids are easier to control than school kids 🙂

Bruce’s last blog post..Logo Design Tips

5. Tracy says:

Dont get disillusioned. You will do well and get more opportunities.

Tracy

6. free-to-play says:

Remember, the best things in life are the ones that you truly need to work for. I’m sure that you’re already checking freelanceswitch.com, but also have a think about searching craigslist for independent one off writing gigs. I’ve found that a number of them may hire you for one gig, and then turn around and ask you to write up a product description, an industry news piece, etc. It’s all about the snowball effect. Keep plugging away and keep your head up!

free-to-play’s last blog post..THQ and Korean firm Vertigo to tackle Asian online PC market

7. MonaVie says:

Why does your throat hurt? I can relate to you about the Call Center nightmares. I worked at one when I got my tonsils out. It wasn’t very fun when you can hardly talk! That is neat that you’re trying to get back into teaching though. Keep at it, you’ll get where you want to be.

8. Nina says:

There are many of us who are trying to make a living online so we don’t have to get back to a “Real job”. I don’t know anyone who did it without struggle and in a short period of time. Just keep pursuing your goals and they will come true. For all of us here, I hope.

Nina’s last blog post..Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker

9. Dawn says:

Ahh, to appreciate the landscape throughout the journey. Nice touch and very true.

We all want to reach our goals as soon as possible, however, the struggles we endure along the way is what strengthens our passion for what we want to achieve.

Surround yourself with positive people and think positive thoughts, coupled with positive actions and you will achieve your dreams!

10. Alice says:

The last sentence of your post is excellent. “it’s the journey that counts…not the destination. Life is a highway.” I am impressed. But in such journey do appreciate the beautiful scenes and if some thing bad happens then don’t get depress take it as a part of your journey. Have fun and enjoy the journey. 🙂

11. Matt Savage says:

Agreed, it’s definitely the journey that counts in the end. It kind of reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite movies, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off:

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop to take a look around every once in awhile you just might miss it”

Matt Savage’s last blog post..The Dilemmas of Male Virgins

12. Andrew Green says:

good to see u …i hope u will get success and u can reach ur goal

13. It’s hard sometimes to fit everything in…so glad your daughter likes preschool!