My new business

I'm a Warm Spirit consultant.

I mentioned a while back that I’ve started a new home business, in addition to my writing. Multiple streams of income are vital in today’s economy.

So I need your help.

First, check out the two images/links in the sidebar (under Crayon Writer’s Health & Wellness Business). I’m a direct sales consultant with Warm Spirit, and we have a wonderful line of nature-based, earth-friendly products designed for self-care.

I’ve included the online catalog, and if something strikes your fancy, click on my personal website to place an order (or just contact me).

I’m also going to start a new blog focused on my Warm Spirit journey. But I have a dilemma. Crayon Writer is nicely branded and I can safely say that I am the Crayon Writer. So I wonder if my new blog should have Crayon Writer in the title somewhere. I have decided, though, that writing about my direct sales venture is not a topic for the Crayon Writer blog.

I value your input, and I welcome your orders! If you’re also looking for an additional stream of income, let me know, or join me on my new blog. I’d love to have you as a virtual business partner.

39 Responses to “My new business”

1. I wish you success in your venture! I’ll be sure to keep your products in mind when I am looking for such items. 🙂

Mrs. Mecomber’s last blog post..That is Absolutely Disgusting

Good luck with the sales. BTW, what exactly is this ‘Passion body butter’? Sounds yucky. 🙂

Hi Ling, thanks for the good wishes. Body butter is a moisturizer, made mostly with shea butter, olive oil, jojoba oil, and therapeutic grade essential oil. Pretty good stuff for rough spots, and smells nice too. (definitely not yucky 🙂

Thanks for taking a look! Now I just gotta figure out a name for my new blog (I have to have it just right), and I’ll announce it when I get a few posts. I promise to keep it interesting, even if you don’t want to buy anything. It’ll be an interesting journey of a network marketer.

3. Øyind says:

Hi Theda, this looks exciting. The sites were well designed! I wish you lots of success on this project.

Øyind’s last blog post..Good morning garden

Thanks! I think their online presence is good too, and that should help me with sales. I prefer to do business online, though I’m not bad in person either.

4. Teresa says:

I wish you success too! heheh. =)

Teresa’s last blog post..Product Review: Born Free Glass Bottles

5. I think cross promotion of the two blogs is ok. It will help build up both blogs quickly. I like the name “crayon writer”, it’s very fitting for a mother.

Good luck with your new blog.

6. Chan Sui says:

I’m started my online affiliate business almost One year. And now I just starting a new MLM business, the prodcut is Oryza Rice Bran and Germ Oil. Yeah , I opened a new blog for my MLM too, rbgoil.com but nothing update yet.

Cheers !!

7. Lindsay says:

So far the money I make from my blogs and websites hasn’t been affected by economic woes, but I can definitely understand the desire to diversify your income streams.

Good luck with the new business!

Lindsay’s last blog post..What Every Writer Should Know About Making Money Online

Hi Lindsay. I’m just getting to a point where my blogs make me some money, but I’m still in the growing phase. So yeah, diversifying may work for me, as long as I don’t spread myself too thin, right?

Thanks!

8. Congratulations on your new venture. Warm Spirit has some awesome products. I especially like the Anahita Hair Butter for me and my little girl. Perhaps you could mention that you are the Crayon Writer on your new websites About Me page.

Erica @ A Woman in Business’s last blog post..Affiliate Marketing Expo for Moms

Hi Erica, thanks for your suggestion, and for mentioning that you’ve tried (and like) Warm Spirit’s great products!

9. sHaE-sHaE says:

Hi Theda,

I left you an email. Please review.

Thanks.

sHaE-sHaE’s last blog post..Tattoos: When Is Enough Enough?

10. Hey! Good luck for all your endeavours. Keep writing. You have dedicated readers.

Watch Movie Trailers Online’s last blog post..Watch Secret Life Of The American Teenager Season 1 Episode 1 Online

11. Lori says:

Hi Theda,

To your question about adding the name of your Crayon Writer brand to the new site – I would try keeping them somewhat separate. The reason – should the other business or any subsequent business not work for you, or if you should have customer issues, your original brand won’t be tarnished. Not that you would necessarily have huge issues, but stranger things have happened.

Just my two cents. Good luck on your new venture. 🙂

Lori’s last blog post..The Absence of Copy Editors

Good point, Lori. I think I will keep Crayon Writer out of the name of the new blog.

I love your last post, by the way. Hilarious! Copy editors (though I spell it copyeditors) are definitely needed.

12. Best wishes on your new venture. I’ll have a look at the catalog. I started a business 15+ years ago working at home with the kids and I’m still doing it.

Good going.

Hi there! Thanks for looking, and if you see something you like (I recommend the foot packages), please let me know. Also, you may be interested in adding another income stream to your household, and let me know about that too (they’re running a special…only $25 to start!)

Thanks again!

13. Hi Theda, I have always loved name of your blog, and the visual. I also checked out the Warm Spirit catalog nice layout and pleasing to the eye. I think the two should be separate but with that said I’m not real sure,you do have a dilemma.

jjmomscashblog’s last blog post..Good News About the Economy!

Thanks! I think I’m closer to a decision. I’ll keep them separate, but of course I’ll let my Crayon Writer readers know about the new blog so I can hopefully get readers there too.

I like your blog too. I check it out a lot!

14. MP4 Player says:

Good luck with your new business. The warm Spirit catalog looks great. Wish you all the success in your life.

15. Polina says:

Great new venture! and I LOVE the design of the Warm Spirit site, I would love to have the same structure for my photography page. Don’t you know if such “book” templates are available anywhere on the web or it has been created exclusively for your site?

16. Simon says:

Good luck with your business! I hope you get all the best!

Simon’s last blog post..Top 10 Worst Natural Disasters and Catastrophes (2007)

17. vivian says:

Congratulations and good luck!

18. Yay for multiple streams of income! I’m attempting to follow that path myself. Good luck with the new site!

Cheap Digital SLRs’s last blog post..40D Body

19. botoxdallas says:

Good for you, I check the image/link on your sidebar I think it’s a good sites. Good luck on your online marketing endeavor.

botoxdallas’s last blog post..Impact of Botox Dallas on celebrities and people

20. Thanks for this income opportunity. I am going to think about it and organize things coz i have many things to attend.

21. I wish you best of luck for your new business.I have checked your site ,it is really a good site.I am also doing a little home base business,so i also wanted your wishes.Thanks……….

22. That’s great news, I do hope your business is doing fine. Its been more than a year when you posted this.

Warm regards.

23. Ruby Clifton says:

Internet is a goldmine as far as online business is concerned. The opportunities here are virtually endless. Good Luck to you!
    Ruby Clifton´s last blog post ..Vinyl Lettering- vehicle lettering- wall lettering- boat lettering

24. oh by the way shea butter tastes good too.~”