Signs you’re addicted to the Internet

Someone I know just found out she/he would be without the Internet at home for about 10 days!

Here are some signs, exhibited by my “friend”, that may indicate an Internet addiction.

1. You cry like your dog died upon hearing the news that you won’t have access for 10 days.
  2. You are willing to sit on the floor of your old apartment, where the internet isn’t yet shut off, just like a junkie squatting in an abandoned building.
  3. You find yourself trying to guess your neighbor’s password so you can “borrow” their Internet.
  4. You find yourself telling the Internet company that having a connection is a “life or death” situation, and you really mean it.
  5. You are unable to imagine the 10 days will ever end, and you feel like the world has come to a virtual end.
  6. You find yourself checking old email just to get a fix.

As for the identity of my “friend,” I have to plead the fifth. LOL!

Can you think of any other Internet addiction signs you’ve “witnessed?”

20 Responses to “Signs you’re addicted to the Internet”

Oh Yeah. For starters, you lose your appetite. Second, you can’t sleep. Suggestion – Don’t fight it. Find a temporary arrangement. If you (your imaginary friend, I mean 🙂 ) stay offline, you’ll find the whole world has changed when you get back online. Barack Obama will have won the Dem nomination, and you won’t even know about it.

Triphow Ling’s last blog post..Summer Sizzle at The Palazzo Las Vegas

My friend also has no cable connection, no home phone, AND no internet. So seriously, can you tell me (I mean him/her) what’s going on in the world? Did Barack Obama win the nomination? Are gas prices about to go down? What’s the weather forecast for tomorrow? Am I (I mean, is she) going to have to buy a *gasp* PAPER news paper???

2. Lisa says:

Hilarious and oh so true! I lost my Internet connection for a couple of days last weekend and thought I seriously might have a nervous breakdown. I am definitely addicted. But it’s how I make my living. So no Internet, no gas, no food. Thanks for the laugh!

Lisa’s last blog post..Oh Yes, Please! More Coffee!

3. Guilty as charged! Can’t live without it. 🙂

Fat Loss Blogger’s last blog post..The P90X Fit Test – Pre-Program Results

4. Chessmaster says:

Hehe very true.
    If i would know they were to cut the internet for a couple of days, I would move to a friends house for a while.

5. Alan says:

lol. just a suggestion for the net-deprived– most libraries have internet connected computers available for free. (hey it beats squatting on the floor like a junkie 😉

Alan’s last blog post..Punching In

6. Design says:

I`m not even sure if there’s anything wrong with being addicted to the web; I mean, sure, people don’t have to forget about their real life, but staying on the web all day long has its advantages… meeting new people from all around the world, staying updated to the latest news, even making a living out of it.

7. Ana says:

Hilarious! What a great compilation! 😀

I am having connection problems for 2 days and it’s driving me crazy already! So I also would not know what to do here without Internet at all. Going to vacation maybe 🙂

Ana’s last blog post..The kitty war is over

8. Michael says:

you got me there, cant be without it! 😛

9. child safety says:

I can’t see any wrong being addicted to the internet as long as you use it for communication or if you want to learn something. I am definitely addicted to the internet and I can’t say that I can’t live without it because I love meeting ton’s of people everyday.

10. Monavie says:

Well, I can’t say that I’ve been without internet, but I have been without my favorite addiction – World of Warcraft. My game card ran out and I went all over 4 towns to find a new one. No one had any. It’s at that point when I get home my father reminds me, “I thought you could just buy those online”. Yep. I felt dumb.

11. Craig says:

My name is Craig and I am addicted to the internet.
    But seriously I’m not quite that bad, though I know some girls that would probably bite you, if you tried to take their crackberry away for 5 minutes.

Craig’s last blog post..Freeze dried hiking food

12. […] I have to say that I was really drawn to this one blog post called Signs you’re addicted to the Internet because I have thought that myself. So, I had to read it. I think the worst part is that I agreed […]

13. You stay up late surfing and barely function the next day and tell yourself I’ll goto bed early tonight. Tonight comes , then so does morning and yet another day with little sleep 🙂
    No matter how tired, you still have to have that fix.

BlogMeTheMoney’s last blog post..Adsense Alternatives: Part 4 of 4

14. I am addicted to the internet, but, definitely I won’t cry even if I can’t access for a month. I will tried to find a place where I can access, maybe friends or cyber cafe 🙂

Asia’h Epperson’s last blog post..Writer’s Block

15. I once called tech support when my connection died and used the “life or death” line; It’s crazy how in a few short years we have become so dependant on the net. I now work,pay bills, shop and keep in contact with friends online. What happened to the good old days of going outside?

Nike Golf Shoes’s last blog post..Nike SP-5 III Golf Shoe Review

16. “You find yourself trying to guess your neighbor’s password so you can “borrow” their Internet.”

Ha ha ha ha, how many times have we tried this one…

Jacob – Top Soccer Tournaments’s last blog post..Are Brazil the greatest soccer nation ever?

17. Hey…you’re peeking in my window again, ain’t ya? (not that there’s anything wrong with that…it’s nice to have an audience!) 😉

I am worthless without access.

really funny stuff’s last blog post..Interspecies Love

18. Yes and when it’s dinner time you regularly burn the dinner because you just have to spend that few moments waiting for the pan to heat up on the net. Then forget that the pan is heating up and – burnt. Done that twice this week, it’s not easy cleaning it.

Hot Cell Phone Ringers’s last blog post..Get Your Hot Free Cell Phone Ringers Here

19. “You find yourself trying to guess your neighbor’s password so you can “borrow” their Internet.” – I don’t think this is very ethical, other than that I agree with you.