Seven things about the Crayon Writer

Crayon Writer is more than one year old, and I don’t think I’ve ever participated in a “meme.” I’ve always wanted to, though, and I’ve finally gotten my chance. Thanks for thinking of me Mrs. M. from New York Renovator!

This meme is supposed to be 7 useful things about me. Here goes!

1. I have a degree in biology, but my first job after college was as an assistant editor.

2. My favorite books to read are fantasy/sci-fi, and I love those kinds of movies too.

3. I am a single mother by choice, and I am an attachment parent for the most part.

4. I went to law school for almost a year (the year I was pregnant, actually).

5. I can identify more than 100 bird species by sight and/or sound. Comes in handy when I’m watching a TV show and they claim to be in city X and I know the bird call in the distance doesn’t live anywhere near that part of the country or in that habitat.

6. I am passionate and knowledgeable about preventing domestic violence and changing laws to more strongly prosecute the criminals who commit domestic violence crimes.

7. This probably isn’t news to anyone who reads my blog regularly, but I want to homeschool my daughter as long as she wants me to.

Well, that’s all I could think of. Hopefully you learned something new and interesting about me.

10 Responses to “Seven things about the Crayon Writer”

1. Sleep Aid says:

So what did you want to do with your Bio Degree? Doctor? My wife also has a bio degree but she ended up in a completely different field. I guess the number of years to become a doctor and the money in the end didn’t appeal to her.

I thought about adding that to the list. I wanted to be a veterinarian my whole life, but I changed my mind along the way. I did work in a vet clinic, and I owned lots of animals. I still love them, but being a vet isn’t for me anymore. I also considered wildlife biology.

I dunno what to say, except that you know a heck of a lot of things. Hope you’re as good a teacher as you were a student. Otherwise your daughter might just tonk you on the head with a nerf bat. But then, that would be domestic violence, so you’d know how to deal with that too. 🙂

Triphow Ling’s last blog post..Nakations & Crazy Mountain Lions

You always make me laugh! Strangely, though, my daughter already tonks me on the head…but she’s just being a two-year-old, right? Or maybe I’d better watch out. Thanks for reminding me to do a post about how I took my baby out of daycare again.

3. Angela WD says:

Your fact about recognizing over 100 birds is amazing! I’m impressed.

Angela WD’s last blog post..Words you shouldn’t end your sentence with.

Thanks! That ability is thanks to taking a wonderful field ecology class in college. It can be distracting sometimes, though. I’ll be in the middle of a conversation with someone and start focusing on a bird instead.

And don’t be the car driving behind me when an interesting bird flies overhead. As my favorite t-shirt says (and as my bumper sticker should say), “I brake for birds.”

I also always have a pair of binoculars in my car. You never know when you’ll see something interesting.

Being new to Tucson means I have a bunch more birds to learn, though. I know mostly Michigan birds.

4. Thanks for doing the meme! It was my pleasure to nominate you.

I homeschool my four children, have been doing so for 13 years now. It’s a blast. I could not imagine working a job and homeschooling simultaneously, however. but once the child reaches 7th grade or so, he/she becomes more independent.

Thanks again!

Mrs. Mecomber’s last blog post..One Man’s Junk…

5. Photobuch says:

I like your point 5 above 7 points. It is great! and yes, we know more about you. Thanks for your post!

Photobuch’s last blog post..Fotobuch

6. feefifoto says:

I always enjoy coming across your blog when I’m out Entrecarding. I’m an SMC too and I love it — it’s one of the world’s best kept secrets.

feefifoto’s last blog post..Thursday Thirteen Plus One Of Those Memes

7. Cool, over 100 birds but sight and sound, thats just madness, lol.

Home schooling would be cool, my wife fancies some of that.

Camping Tents’s last blog post..Nemo Morpho AR Tent – No More Poles