Marketing with magnets

FREE SAMPLES from VistaPrint! Order Today!

Marketing successfully means marketing constantly, and you have to be creative.

Using magnets as a marketing tool isn’t new, but I think it’s definitely effective. And judging by the number of business cards I get when I go to networking events, magnet advertising isn’t wildly popular among small business owners. So it makes sense to blaze a new trail to make your small business stand out from the rest, doesn’t it?

Whenever I get a business card or flyer that I really want to hold onto, I always grab a magnet (usually a pizza magnet), and attach it to my refrigerator. But it would be even better if the business card was actually a magnet itself.

Your business or service will be front and center more often. Besides being easy to put on their metal object of choice, your card will also be functional. In my case, whenever I feel like ordering a pizza, I never have to drag out a phonebook. I just go look on my frig. And sometimes I never even planned to get pizza, but that magnet is always there to remind me. I’m guessing a business card magnet will work similarly, especially if your customers put them on their file cabinets (refrigerators probably aren’t in their offices).

11 Responses to “Marketing with magnets”

1. Good idea. I have used VistaPrint for various print jobs before, club cards, flyers, and brochures (I also do graphic design)
    They’re fast and the quality is good.

I was going to get some club cards printed up with our web and design firm on it to pass around…I think now I will look into the magnets also.

They’re not too expensive and like you pointed out can be useful, unlike a flyer that probably will just get tossed.

2. Joy says:

I agree with you. I’ve gone to several trade shows and the magnets stayed, but most of the cards didn’t. I’ve also designed magnet cards for clients to use for trade shows and they were a huge hit, that others began following suit. I actually used VistaPrint and they turned out great.

Joy’s last blog post..Cinnamon Rolls III: Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

3. Szczepan says:

You are totally right! In my country – Poland – magnets as business cards are rare things to get. I think they will get very popular soon.

Nice post!

4. I totally agree! I had magnets made by another small business person on Etsy (I love supporting fellow Indie folks whenever I can) and they are FABULOUS! And super cheap too. I got small magnets with my logo (my goal with these is branding, not giving my website) (they’re 3/4 inch) and they were less than $50 for 100 of them. She has lots of different options too as far as size and different designs. And my customers seem to really like them, as well as the mirrors and pens I have.

I highly recommend magnets. 🙂

castocreations’s last blog post..Alchemy is Back!

5. Kevin says:

Great idea! I haven’t seen magnet cards used in quite some time. I think you bring up some very good points about them!

6. I think your right. Paper business card seem like they are just easier to throw away than magnets.

7. The idea is definitely good, but if everybody starts using magnet business cards instead of regular paper ones, we might cause people some problems. They won’t be able to carry all of those cards in their wallet, there is certainly not enough space and even a few magnet cards will make it way too heavy. Also no one would like to turn their fridge/metal file cabinet door into a “Christmas Tree” with magnets used as a decoration.

8. Imprint says:

At least with the magnets, people will keep them longer than regular kinds. Good idea.

9. Debby M says:

Just came across your post. I found it informative for me and I’m sure many others. I did also have small trouble subscribing to the blog but figured it out; I’m still a 2-finger typist 🙂 . Thank you and keep your blogging spirit going strong.

Debby M’s last blog post..Business Card Size Matters!

10. Great post. I agree that folks are much less likely to toss a magnet version of a business card compared to a paper card.

11. meijer wii says:

Web marketing has several benefits linked with it. With the assistance of internet marketing people might earn lots of clients at a particular place at a time. As compared to typical marketing,internet website marketing boasts really significantly less expense. Now in less price as dealer would obtain far more profit,immediately it’s going to become most liked form of marketing.Added to this are various other strengths just like Online marketing is extremely user friendly.By means of a click patron will likely find the things they require. Subsequent gain out there is going to be that it gives chance to internet marketers to be innovative along with their advertising campaign. They might add all type of audio, aesthetic features to their advertising campaign. Therefore it becomes more desirable when compared with a simple newspaper ad and moreover grabs even more awareness.