Worn out words

888721_instant_coffee.jpg

I haven’t talked about my life as a WAHM lately. So here’s an update.

I’m worn out!

My lovely daughter is now almost two-and-a-half, and deep in the throes of the “terrible twos.” She’s not as bad as most, I must admit.

But my days are long. Almost everything has to be negotiated because she’s pretty headstrong about–well– everything. Simple things turn into long, drawn-out ordeals that leave us both exhausted and upset.

The past few days she’s been home with me all day (no babysitting), and I’ve started a new cold email campaign, I’m looking for another “day job” (in case the cold emails don’t work), I’m trying to win the MyBlogLog Problogger contest (join my community), and I’m working on a couple of little projects.

Whew!

I could really use a cappucino right about now.

One of the lucky things about my latest computer crash is that I’ve been using my old clunky desktop (with Windows 98!) So now that my laptop’s been repaired, my daughter can play on one of them while I’m working too. That helps, since now she’s tired of many TV shows. I bought her a Disney-themed toddler game, and she really enjoys it.

She loves to say she’s “working,” or that she’s “busy,” just like she hears Mommy say all of the time.

But, like another blogger said, I’m hoping to stay the course. If I can take it.

9 Responses to “Worn out words”

1. Hey Gal, I know that Stay the course blogger! , here’s another for you , Some Days you’re the bug, Some Days you’re the windshield , hang in there/

2. BlogXilla says:

Hey Good luck w/ the contest my daughter is 5 and when she was 2 it was no problem at all…. good luck with that.

3. Matt says:

I don’t have any kids and I can feel overwhelmed with things to do…sounds like your managing it though, guess you the alternative is fall apart and that wouldn’t work too well ;) . Best of luck in finding a new day job/winning that award.

4. perros says:

Cappuccino sounds awesome right now.
    Good luck on the problogger contest.

5. jessie says:

that was a terrible series of experiences… back-up your files ever now and then

6. Mark Antony says:

Congratulations on your performence on mybloglog. You may not have won, but your community increased, so in that respect, the competition did you good.

Mark.

7. Opal Tribble says:

I can definitely relate. I’m also a working at home single mom. I also homeschool my four-year old daughter sometimes it can be a challenge.

Earlier this year I bought another laptop so I could complete work for clients that might possibly need work using the Windows OS system. Well guess what? My daughter now thinks that notebook is hers. I do take breaks throughout the day (not always easy.)

One of her favorite websites when she was your daughter’s age was Starfall. It’s a great educational tool and a lot of fun.

I’m glad I found your blog again. I had remembered visiting it months ago, but I forgot your website url. It has now been bookmarked.